DC/OS Minio offers the following benefits:
- Based on the proven DC/OS framework/operator SDK underpinning all DC/OS-certified frameworks
- Minio is a lightweight object storage server
- Minio deploys Amazon S3-compatible object storage servers in seconds
- Provides consistent deployment across multi-cloud environments
- Backup and restore operations use AWS S3 as backing store
DC/OS Minio’s main features are:
- Erasure Code: DC/OS Minio protects data against hardware failures and silent data corruption using erasure code and checksums.
- Bit rot protection: DC/OS Minio provides bit rot protection using the HighwayHash algorithm.
- Bucket Notification Service: DC/OS Minio provides a bucket notification service. Events occurring on objects in a bucket can be monitored using bucket event notifications.
- Gateway: DC/OS Minio adds Amazon S3 compatibility to Azure Blob Storage, GCP and NAS.
- Large Bucket Support: Allows a single DC/OS Minio bucket to expand over multiple erasure code deployment sets.
- Disk Cache: Disk caching allows caching disks to store content closer to tenants.
- Monitoring: DC/OS Minio server exposes monitoring data over unauthenticated endpoints, so monitoring tools can pick the data without you having to share DC/OS Minio server credentials.
Dynamic Scaling Out
DC/OS Minio does not support horizontal scaling; if a DC/OS Minio cluster has started with eight DC/OS Minio servers then a ninth DC/OS Minio server cannot be added to the cluster.
Release Notes for Minio version 0.1.0…Read More
Configuring Minio - Quick Start…Read More
Installing and deploying a Minio cluster…Read More
Configuring Minio for DC/OS…Read More
Backup, restore and recover operations…Read More
Configuring Minio for DC/OS access…Read More
Diagnosing issues with DC/OS Minion…Read More
Uninstalling DC/OS Minio Services…Read More
Understanding configuration limitations…Read More
Understanding DC/OS Minio Services package versioning…Read More