You can add agent nodes to an existing DC/OS cluster.
Agent nodes are designated as public or private during installation. By default, they are designated as private during GUI or CLI installation.
- DC/OS is installed using the custom installation method.
- The archived DC/OS installer file (
dcos-install.tar) from your installation.
- Available agent nodes that satisfy the system requirements.
- The CLI JSON processor jq.
- SSH installed and configured. This is required for accessing nodes in the DC/OS cluster.
Install DC/OS agent nodes
Copy the archived DC/OS installer file (
dcos-install.tar) to the agent node. This archive is created during the GUI or CLI installation method.
- Copy the files to your agent node. For example, you can use Secure Copy (scp) to copy
dcos-install.tar to your home directory:
scp ~/dcos-install.tar $username@$node-ip:~/dcos-install.tar
- SSH to the machine:
- Create a directory for the installer files:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/dcos_install_tmp
- Unpackage the
sudo tar xf dcos-install.tar -C /opt/dcos_install_tmp
- Run this command to install DC/OS on your agent nodes. You must designate your agent nodes as public or private.
Private agent nodes:
sudo bash /opt/dcos_install_tmp/dcos_install.sh slave
Public agent nodes:
sudo bash /opt/dcos_install_tmp/dcos_install.sh slave_public
Tip: You can verify the node type by running this command from the DC/OS CLI.
- Run this command to count the private agents.
dcos node --json | jq --raw-output '. | select(.reserved_resources.slave_public == null) | .id' | wc -l
- Run this command to count the public agents.
dcos node --json | jq --raw-output '. | select(.reserved_resources.slave_public != null) | .id' | wc -l