DC/OS 1.12.0 Beta 1 was released on September 20, 2018.
DC/OS 1.12.0 Beta 1 release is for testing only and not to be used in production. This release will only support new installations.
About DC/OS 1.12.0 Beta 1
DC/OS 1.12.0 Beta 1 includes the following new features and capabilities:
New Features and Capabilities
EnterpriseAnonymous LDAP Bind Support
- Complies with standardized Enterprise LDAP integration pattern without a dedicated DC/OS integration LDAP user.
EnterpriseDynamic LDAP Synchronization
- Automatically synchronize LDAP user account groups without manual synchronization of LDAP directory with accounts imported into DC/OS.
Improved Multi-Cluster UI
- DC/OS CLI now supports multiple clusters with different versions.
- DC/OS CLI now automatically downloads and install the enterprise-cli plugins. Enterprise
Mesosphere Kubernetes Engine
- High density multi-Kubernetes leveraging enhanced containerized bin packing.
Maturation of metrics observability are:
- Adopt industry standards, Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) metrics infrastructure.
- Simplify a complicated codebase.
- Enable additional output formats.
- No longer require modifications when collecting metrics via Prometheus endpoint in 1.11.
- Exporting metrics directly to Datadog is currently not supported in DC/OS 1.12.0 Beta 1.
EnterprisePrivate Package Registry
- Enable on-premise package distribution and management.
- Enable air-gapped Virtual Private Cloud package management.
- Simplify package artifact management.
- Full support for NFS and S3 as storage backends for package storage.
- Package specific controls for adding/removing/updating packages within a cluster.
- Package management CLI.
- Add master table and health information in the nodes page.
- Include base tech version in the services page.
- Include node type (Public/Private) in the nodes page.
- Remove the CPU/MEM/Disk graphic from the nodes page.
- Add the Mesosphere DC/OS logo above the UI.
- Fix 100+ bugs and performance improvements.
Known Issues and Limitations
- DCOS-9929 - Implement a validation approach to access secrets. Enterprise
- DCOS-38011 - Fix bouncer recovery from unresponsive Cockroachdb. Enterprise
- DCOS-40551 - Prevent Mesos modules from loading an empty value.
- DCOS-40740 - Modify
access_logpermissions from IAM. Enterprise
- DCOS-40748 - Modify default configurations in Mesos authorizer HTTP client with reasonable duration for timeouts. Enterprise
- DCOS-40878 - Fix operations (add and remove) on event stream subscribers.
- DCOS-41559/DCOS_OSS-4060 - Fix
nullvalue issue in
- DCOS_OSS-4088/DCOS_OSS-4090 - Bump
Telegrafpackage to fix 500 responses from v0 metrics API due to JSON serialization error.