DC/OS 1.11.6 was released on September 25, 2018.
DC/OS 1.11.6 includes the following components:
Notable Changes in DC/OS 1.11.6
- DCOS-22310/DCOS-40495/DCOS-41282 - Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.23.0. Open Source
- DCOS_OSS-4106/DCOS_OSS-4109 - Bump ZooKeeper to 3.4.13.
- Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.23.0+f17c3335. Enterprise
- Removing the patch for Marathon failing to start if the first DC/OS is not available. The patch for Marathon failing to start under certain DNS failure conditions is not required after upgrading to DC/OS 1.11.6 with Marathon version 1.6.541 (or later).
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.6
- DCOS_OSS-3958/DCOS_OSS-3978 - Add information about
ps aux wwwto diagnostics bundle.
- COPS-3371/DCOS-38328 - Remove health check directories for Kafka 2.0.4-1.0.0.
- DCOS-40779 - Fix movement of form control icons in the search bar.
- DCOS-41198 - Replace
wait_for_deployments_complete()method in dcos-test-utils.
- DCOS_OSS-4193 - Fix for Marathon not starting if the first DC/OS Master is down.
- MARATHON-8095 - Fix PATCH call against inactive HA node.
- MARATHON-8381 - Add new exit codes for Marathon.
- MARATHON-8428 - Fix SSL readiness check with self-signed cert. Bump Marathon on 1.11.
- COPS-3527/DCOS_OSS-3921 - Check cache when creating Mesos resources using
- COPS-3574/DCOS-19598/DCOS-40317/DCOS-41375 - Bump Mesos to nightly 1.5.x dd68c0b.
- DCOS-24595/DCOS_OSS-3991 - Add Mesos patches for per-framework metrics.
- DCOS-40162 - Fix container launch failures that occurred due to Mesos-bridge running out of IPs.
- COPS-3279/COPS-3576/DCOS-37703/DCOS-37703/DCOS-39703 - Fix erroneous values in service addresses stats and enable metrics forwarding.
- COPS-3472/DCOS-38932 - Enable access to Marathon app via overlap network.
- COPS-3540/COPS-3517/COPS-3774/DCOS-39203/DCOS-39517/DCOS-41358 - Fix delay in overlay configuration.
- COPS-3585/COPS-3701/DCOS-38600/DCOS-42215 - Fix deadlock issue when SSL sockets simultaneously send/receive data.
- COPS-3605/DCOS_OSS-3707 - Bump mesos-module to include the fix for CoreOS 1800.7.0.
- DCOS_OSS-3697 - Fix connectivity issue between bridge and overlay networks.
- DCOS-39707 - Fix clustering issues with
- DCOS-40702 - Fix networking changes to support CoreOS v1800.7.0.
- DCOS-40245 - Admin Router: Change the
adminrouter_auth_cache_enabledconfiguration option default to
- DCOS_OSS-4107 - Bump ZooKeeper to 3.4.13.
- DCOS-40374/DCOS-40391/DCOS-42192 - Add a new method called
ensure_permissionsthat modifies service account permissions to match desired state.
- DCOS_OSS-4105 - Update OpenSSL to version 1.0.2p.
Note: New Docker version is supported on CoreOS 1800.7.0. See compatibility matrix for further information.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service
- Enhanced data security Enterprise
- Updated data services
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Beta Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled in the config.yaml file when installing DC/OS. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.