DC/OS 1.11.4 was released on July 26, 2018.
DC/OS 1.11.4 includes the following:
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.4
- COPS-1840/DCOS_OSS-3793 - Change Admin Router (nginx) log to access logs with the daemon facility.
- COPS-3073/DCOS-21993 - Improve DC/OS Mesos authorization for logging and performance.
- COPS-3132/DCOS-21723 - DC/OS UI: Increase disk space for Cassandra service.
- COPS-3402/DCOS_OSS-3750 - Move data directories to a tmpfs location and recycle allocated IP addresses upon agent reboot.
- COPS-3445/DCOS-39092/DCOS_OSS-2418 - Prevent Mesos agents from garbage-collecting persistent volumes.
- DCOS-20053 - Fix Admin Router time-out issue.
- DCOS-22458 - Tune health check time-outs. Enterprise
- DCOS-27982/DCOS-38599 - Fix mixed workload scaling issue.
- DCOS-34596 - DC/OS IAM: Fix a regression, where a SAML identity provider metadata document containing multiple certificates stopped working after an upgrade. Enterprise
- DCOS-37451 - Filter task labels used for book-keeping from appearing in metrics.
- DCOS-37452 - Increase the Mesos agent response time-out for dcos-metrics.
- DCOS-37588 - Fix Vault/ZK lock release issue that occurred due to temporary connection loss.
- DCOS-38083 - Improve the behavior of statsd timers on dcos-metrics.
- DCOS-38248 - Fix Admin Router behavior on scale testing cluster. The Admin Router failed to update state cache due to worker_connections exhaustion.
- DCOS-38258/DCOS_OSS-3307 - Increase the time-out for package download in Admin Router server.
- DCOS-38323 - Increase the time-out for Lua HTTP client from 10 to 60 sec to accomodate longer response time from upstream DC/OS components (e.g., Mesos and Marathon).
- DCOS-38603 - Improve Mesos allocator performance.
- DCOS_OSS-2360 - DC/OS Metrics: Sanitize metric names for better compatibility with Prometheus.
- DCOS_OSS-3304 - Add task labels as tags on container metrics.
- DCOS_OSS-3602 - Fix instability issue: L4LB is unstable during deployment of new VIPS.
- DCOS_OSS-3613 - Improve diagnostics bundle to include debugging information for network issues.
- DCOS_OSS-3804 - Fix logging of dcos-checks-poststart results to the journal.
Notable Changes in DC/OS 1.11.4
- DCOS-37833 - Increase the limit on the number of connections (worker_connections) for Admin Router to 10K.
- DCOS_OSS-3597- Update REX-Ray version to 0.11.2.
- Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.15.0+3231764b. Enterprise
- Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.15.0. Open Source
Note: The Kubernetes package dependencies are documented here.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds. Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service.
- Enhanced data security. Enterprise
- Updated data services.
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Support for Docker image garbage collection. View the documentation.
- Support for Docker image pull secrets. View the documentation. An example for Docker credentials is here. Enterprise
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Beta Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled in the config.yaml file when installing DC/OS. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.