DC/OS 1.11.3 was released on June 26, 2018.
DC/OS 1.11.3 includes the following:
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.3
- COPS-3158 - The check in custom installer for ftype=1 on Mesos and Docker work directories is added only when using XFS.
- DCOS-11714 - DC/OS IAM: Added support for anonymous bind via LDAP. Enterprise
- DCOS-22458 - Improved stability of dcos-checks-poststart-service-unhealthy check. Enterprise
- DCOS-25602 - DC/OS IAM: Reduced excessive logging which was accidentally introduced in 1.11.1 release. Enterprise
- DCOS-34435 - DC/OS Cosmos: Increased the limit of max-payload size at /v2/apps Marathon end point.
- DCOS-34536 - Fixed DC/OS upgrade issue with ipv6 address configuration.
- DCOS-38015 - Enhanced Mesos TLS cipher suites support with secure cipher suites. Enterprise
Notable Changes in DC/OS 1.11.3
- DCOS-19427 - CockroachDB: Set cluster version to 1.1. Enterprise
- DCOS_OSS-2417 and DCOS_OSS-3548 - Support for CoreOS 1688.5.3.
- Updated DC/OS UI Enterprise for 1.11+1.13.0+7e0cb54f Open Source change log and EE Plugins. Enterprise
- Updated DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.14.0.
Note: New Docker version is supported on CoreOS 1688.5.3. See compatibility matrix for further information.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service
- Enhanced data security Enterprise
- Updated data services
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Beta Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled in the config.yaml file when installing DC/OS. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.