DC/OS 1.11.1 was released on April 18, 2018.
- COPS-2952 - Networking: Fixed a bug due to which the telemetry API did not emit metrics. Enterprise
- CORE-1447, CORE-1448, and CORE-1449 - Consolidated Mesos’ authentication token refresh logic. Enterprise
- DCOS-19648 - Added a placement constraint validator to the service creation view.
- DCOS-20081 - DC/OS IAM: Consolidated LDAP group import by making the search/bind check case-insensitive. Enterprise
- DCOS-20999 - DC/OS IAM: Fixed a database crash when the disk fills up. Enterprise
- DCOS-21000 - Fixed Marathon’s authorization logic to support the ‘full’ action. Enterprise
- DCOS-21128 - DC/OS UI: Fixed a scenario in which the services tab crashed after uninstalling a service.
- DCOS-21266 - DC/OS UI: Fixed file navigation when browsing task sandbox.
- DCOS-21305 - Introduced ‘minimal DC/OS version’ when installing universe packages (e.g., cannot install a package which requires DC/OS 1.11 on DC/OS 1.10).
- DCOS-21337 - DC/OS UI: Improved error handling when consuming the Mesos event streaming HTTP API.
- DCOS-21359 - Prevented an uninstalled service to break the UI when the “remove” modal was open.
- DCOS-21374 - Cosmos: Fixed a crash upon uninstalling Marathon apps that don’t define env.
- DCOS-21451 - Fixed a bug where the Admin Router would not pick up Mesos leader changes (leading to unexpected 404 HTTP responses when using the service endpoint).
- DCOS-21486 - Networking: Enhanced compatibility with Kubernetes.
- DCOS-21507 - DC/OS UI: Improved support for the DC/OS Storage Service. Enterprise
- DCOS-21557 - Updated cURL to version 7.59.
- DCOS-21596 - DC/OS IAM: Fixed a bug due to which a local user would be added to a group during LDAP group import. Enterprise
- DCOS-21683 - Fixed a rare IAM database deadlock due to which the cluster installation might fail. Enterprise
- DCOS_OSS-1759 - Cosmos: Updated package-manager.yaml to fix the schema error in package management API.
- DCOS_OSS-1878 - Prevented dcos-checks from ignoring the value of --detect-ip flag when looking for the location of IP detect script.
- DCOS_OSS-1903 - Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.2n.
- DCOS_OSS-2028 - Improved error reporting when sanity checks fail after an upgrade.
- DCOS_OSS-2087 - Cosmos: Improved readability on user facing messages during service uninstallation.
- DCOS_OSS-2132 - DC/OS log: consolidated handling of journald log file rotation.
- DCOS_OSS-2162 - Mesos does not expose ZooKeeper credentials anymore via its state JSON document.
- DCOS_OSS-2210 - Fixed an edge case due to which the history service would crash-loop.
- DCOS_OSS-2229 - Bumped dcos-net. Performance improvements and bug fixes in lashup.
- DCOS_OSS-2247 - Fixed bug in dcos-checks to treat command timeout as a failed check.
- DCOS_OSS-2292 - Fixed a situation where dcos task --follow task might crash.
- DSS_EE-161 - DC/OS Storage: Fixed a bug where the LVM plugin fails on CoreOS. Enterprise
- INFINITY-3358 - DC/OS UI: Implemented a region picker for region awareness.
- MARATHON-8090 - Consolidated Marathon’s configuration for GPU resources.
- Updated to Mesos 1.5.1-b0a33cb.
- Updated to Marathon 1.6.352.
- Updated to Metronome 0.4.1.
- DCOS-16431 - Introduced a new DC/OS configuration variable
adminrouter_auth_cache_enabledfor controlling Admin Router’s permission cache. Enterprise
- DCOS-21545 - Moved Prometheus producer to port 61091.
- DCOS_OSS-2130 - Added support for CoreOS 1632.2.1.
- DCOS-22128 - When using pods with volumes, if a container in the pod is not configured to mount the volume, the cluster cannot access any service via the UI. As a workaround, when using pods with volumes, use the CLI instead.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities, with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds. Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service.
- Enhanced data security. Enterprise
- Updated data services.
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between a cluster and another cluster. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling.
- Support for Docker image garbage collection. View the documentation.
- Support for Docker image pull secrets. Enterprise
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Please read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Binary Secret files are now supported
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API that provides simple access to container (task) as well as system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications’ storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.BetaEnterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.
- DCOS-9751 - Marathon fails to authenticate with Mesos master during disabled -> permissive upgrade.
- DCOS-18368 - The GUI installer has been retired in 1.11 and will no longer continue to function. It will be decommissioned in 1.12. For details of alternative installation methods, view the documentation.
- DCOS-19047 -
dcos-secretsservice is unavailable during upgrade from 1.10.x to 1.11. Enterprise
- INFINITY-3116 - Deleting failed mnist Tensorflow package never completes.