DC/OS 1.11.0 was released on March 8, 2018.
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities, with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service
- Enhanced data security
- Updated data services
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
Apache Mesos 1.5, Marathon 1.6, and Kubernetes 1.9 Integrated.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 is is based on Mesos 1.5. View the Mesos changelog.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 is integrated with the latest 1.6 release of Marathon. For more information about Marathon 1.6, consult the Marathon changelog.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 supports the latest Kubernetes 1.9 Container Scheduler. For more information about Kubernetes 1.0 on DC/OS, view the documentation.
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between a cluster and another cluster. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling.
- Support for Docker image garbage collection. View the documentation.
- Support for Docker image pull secrets.
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Please read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Binary Secret files are now supported
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API that provides simple access to container (task) as well as system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications’ storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.BetaEnterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported.
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed.
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.
- DCOS-9751 - Marathon fails to authenticate with Mesos master during disabled -> permissive upgrade.
- DCOS-18368 - The GUI installer has been retired in 1.11 and will no longer continue to function. It will be decommissioned in 1.12. For details of alternative installation methods, view the documentation.
- DCOS-19047 -
dcos-secretsservice is unavailable during upgrade from 1.10.x to 1.11.
- DCOS_OSS-2132 -
dcos-logdoes not handle the journald files rotation properly.
- INFINITY-3116 - Deleting failed mnist Tensorflow package never completes.
- COPS-2201 -
dcos-diagnosticsno longer fails after running gen_resolvconf.py.
- DCOS-13066 - Rename the 3DT service to DC/OS Diagnostics.
- DCOS-19008 - The
exhibitor_addressconfiguration option can now be an IPv4 address without causing certificate verification errors.
- DCOS-19896 - Add
dcos cluster list.
- DCOS-20351 - Add the
- DCOS-21130 - Make list of services visible in grid view of nodes.
- DCOS_OSS-671 - Improve filenames in the diagnostics bundle.
- DCOS_OSS-1275 - Add support for custom check executables during on-premises installation.
- DCOS_OSS-1321 - Search paths are configurable when executing check commands using
- DCOS_OSS-1340 - Spartan “autoip” DNS resolves to host IP for UCR in bridge network.
- DCOS_OSS-1449 - Remove support for
- DCOS_OSS-1489 - Add support for cgroup blkio statistics in
- DCOS_OSS-2003 - Modify DC/OS overlay networking to work with systemd networkd.