These are the release notes for DC/OS 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1.
To download DC/OS Enterprise, contact: Mesosphere Support.
This release candidate is for testing only and not to be used in production.
DC/OS 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1 has a number of limitations that will be resolved at GA time.
New features and capabilities
Apache Mesos 1.5, Marathon 1.6, and Kubernetes 1.9 Integrated.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 is is based on Mesos 1.5. View the Mesos changelog.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 is integrated with the latest 1.6 release of Marathon. For more information about Marathon 1.6, consult the Marathon changelog.
- DC/OS 1.11.0 supports latest Kubernetes 1.9 Container Scheduler. For more information about Kubernetes 1.0 on DC/OS, view the documentation.
- Fault domain awareness. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters. A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between a cluster and another cluster. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Integrated Remote Regions. Enables “Bursting” to take advantage of ephemeral cloud compute resources. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Multi-Region Management. Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster.
- Decommission Node. Support for permanently decommissioning nodes enables easier maintenance and decommissioning “Spot” Cloud Instances after use allowing for immediate task rescheduling as opposed delayed task rescheduling.
- Support for Docker image garbage collection. View the documentation.
- Support for Docker image pull secrets.
- Edge-LB 1.0 RC candidate. View the documentation Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack. All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemD unit called
dcos-net. Please read the note on networking software re-architecture to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- Secrets Management Service
- Binary Secret files are now supported
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified Logging Endpoint to Collect Container (task) as well as System Component Logs.
- DC/OS 1.11 introduces an implementation of the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) version 0.1, which enables developers (Mesosphere, community, and partners) to streamline the development of storage features within DC/OS by providing a common API between the Container Orchestrator (DC/OS) and the storage devices. Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported.
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed.
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New beta DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.
- Upgrades from 1.10 to 1.11 are not supported in 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1.
- DCOS-19047 - The
dcos-secretsservice is unavailable during upgrade from 1.10.x to 1.11.0. Enterprise
- DCOS-19573 - Add support for changes to unique constraints in the UI.
- DCOS-19837 - Consolidate fault-domain scripts for all cloud providers into one script to support clusters with multiple cloud providers.
- DCOS-19896 - Add
dcos cluster listso users can see which clusters can be unlinked. Enterprise
- DCOS-19955 - Enhance API and CLI experience for linking clusters. Enterprise
- DCOS_OSS-1658 - Add
--verboseflag to upgrade script that prints all status and error messages to the console to enable upgrade debugging.
- DCOS_OSS-1733 - The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists.
- DCOS_OSS-2130 -
systemd-networkdmust be enabled for DC/OS networking to work with CoreOS.