The cloud installation method is used to test or demo DC/OS on Azure, AWS, GCE, Digital Ocean, or Packet. These clusters cannot be upgraded. DC/OS CloudFormation templates are intended for reference only and are not recommended for production use due to the following limitations:
- CloudFormation does not allow for coordinated zero-downtime in-place updates within Auto Scaling groups.
- CloudFormation does not allow for automated zero-downtime replacement of Auto Scaling groups.
- Replacing DC/OS agent nodes requires manual data migration of local storage volumes for stateful services.
- Updates of DC/OS on AWS CloudFormation have not been automated, validated, or documented.
- Modified CloudFormation templates are not supported by Mesosphere, Inc.
You can use the Production Installation methods to install a fully functional cluster.
Install DC/OS cluster for Amazon Web Services using templates on AWS CloudFormation…Read More
Running DC/OS on Azure
Install DC/OS cluster using the Azure Resource Manager templates…Read More
Running DC/OS on DigitalOcean
Install DC/OS cluster on DigitalOcean using Terraform…Read More
Running DC/OS on Google Compute Engine
Running a DC/OS cluster on Google Compute Engine using Terraform…Read More
Running DC/OS on Packet
Install DC/OS cluster on Packet bare metal using Terraform…Read More