This page supports both DC/OS OSS (default) and DC/OS Enterprise installation methods. You can evaluate the installation of DC/OS cluster based on your requirements.
Types of installation methods
Use the following installation methods based on your requirement.
The cloud installation method is used for fast demos and proofs of concept.
DC/OS CloudFormation templates are intended for reference only and are not recommended for production use, due to the following limitations:
- CloudFormation does not allow for coordinated zero-downtime in-place updates within Auto Scaling groups.
- CloudFormation does not allow for automated zero-downtime replacement of Auto Scaling groups.
- Replacing DC/OS agent nodes requires manual data migration of local storage volumes for stateful services.
- Updates of DC/OS on AWS CloudFormation have not been automated, validated, or documented.
- Modified CloudFormation templates are not supported by Mesosphere, Inc.
The following methods are used to install DC/OS:
- Provision DC/OS on Amazon Web Services (AWS): Install your DC/OS cluster on Amazon Web Services (AWS) by using the DC/OS templates on AWS CloudFormation.
- Provision DC/OS on Azure: Install your DC/OS cluster on Azure by using the Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Provision DC/OS on Google Cloud Platform (GCE): Install your DC/OS cluster on Google Compute Engine (GCE) by using installation scripts. Upgrades are not supported with this installation method.
Note: The recommended way to install production ready DC/OS that can be upgraded in-place is to use the production installation method.
On-premise installation uses various methods to install DC/OS.